Sunday, October 19, 2008

Check this out!!

My mom and her friend Eunice---who is on VACATION, visiting from NoDak---came over Friday morning and CLEANED MY HOUSE! I should have taken some "before" photos, because it did not look like a home that was about to have house guests for the weekend or host a birthday dinner/party for Audrey. Mom and Eunice did dishes, dusted the living room and dining room, vacuumed, washed floors, cleaned the bathroom and got hideous spots out of my carpet with my mom's little mini steam cleaner! Wow! Thanks, ladies! Audrey was playing in the playroom later and said, "The mess is allllll gone."





This is why I am stuck in Excremento. My folks have been helping us out in a big way since I've been feeling crappy and Danny hurt his knee. They bring us food, do my dishes, haul our dirty clothes to their house to launder. They showed up yesterday with ALL the food for the party: lasagna, salad, bread, wine, cupcakes... They and Seth and Heidi drive across town to pick up Audrey and get her out of the house for a change of scenery. My mom might take some time off work after Danny's surgery to come take care of all of us, if I'm still not feeling great. My folks are our only baby sitter (not that we go out all that much). NO WAY can we give all that up! Plus, Audrey is head-over-heels for all of them. Sigh. But why'd it have to be SACRAMENTO where we all ended up???


[We wanted to have a big bash for Audrey's b-day like we did last year, but weren't up for it, so poor Audrey had mostly people over age 60 at her 2nd birthday celebration, which actually wasn't too bad, because she got LOTS of attention. Also in attendance but not pictured here are Danny and Cousin Ava (4 mos.).]

[HF&M disease update: we are so far not catching it! Yay! Poor Phoenix is SOOOOOO sick. Uncle Seth really really really did not want to miss Audrey's b-day party, but we forbid him to attend. No plague here, please! I'm taking A in for her 2-year check-up tomorrow and am not going to let her touch ANYTHING in the waiting room or doctor's office, since this scourge is rampaging all through town!!!!]

1 comment:

heatherliv said...

Wow, that is amazing. I am so glad you have good help from your family there. That is a huge reason to live in Nutsacramento. Believe me, if we didn't have Lilian in our lives we would not be functionining, eating, clean, anything. Happy birthday Audrey. Anika's first two birthday's were all college kids. We didn't even have a party for her third as I was in the middle of figuring out whether or not I had thyroid cancer. Saskia's first birthday consisted of of Tante Annelise, Jenny, Anika and I. She didn't even like the cute little cupcakes Jenny brought. We could barely stay awake through our jetlag. My comments here are way too, long, but I feel like we are catching up. I love you. Keeping my fingers crossed that the diagnosis stays negative on the H, F and M. loves...