Monday, December 1, 2008

Population Control

After having Audrey, I was feeling kind of sad about having only two kids, since that's what Danny and I agreed to, and that's what makes sense. But when she was about one-year-old, everyone around me was pregnant and I went SO baby crazy, thinking, "Why should the religious wackos be the only ones to have ten kids? Shouldn't the enlightened, intelligent, progressive among us also birth a 'quiver-full' to counteract the scary, miseducated conservative Christians over-populating the country?" (Read Mark Morford's excellent columns on liberals breeding, and on the Duggar family.)


But NOW, now that I am actually knocked up again, I am saying THANK GOD that Danny only wants two kids because I am NEVER doing this again!!! I am wondering how that Duggar woman has spent so many years of her life pregnant. Because it is a pain in the ass! And it makes you feel...not right a lot of the time. But I guess pregnant-weird is her normal.

I think if Danny were not an environmentalist, he might want me to pop out even more kiddos, because dude is BABY crazy!! He gets more excited around babies than I do these days. Mr. Mush. [I am actually feeling excited about Baby Two, also. We'll hopefully find out the gender in a couple weeks, and we've started talking to Audrey about it.]

So, when the times comes, Danny has volunteered to go under the knife to make sure we don't inadvertently follow in the, um, footsteps of the Duggars. I worry a little about the possible finality of such a procedure (especially if something were to happen to me, god forbid, and Danny remarried), but we are just TOO fertile to not take such measures!!! And, Danny already has a support group at work, some guys calling themselves The Clipper Club. Thanks, hon!

3 comments:

heatherliv said...

Erik will also go under the knife as soon as we can afford it. It's funny you'd think it would be a cheap procedure in China, but evidentally that is only female sterilization. God forbid a man lose the potency of his spermy, sperm. Also, as soon as we can afford it we will consider adopting to if we want to biggie size our brood, spread our liberal views through nurture vs. nature.

Peaches said...

Wow. I can believe it and I can't believe it regarding male vs. female procedure over there. Yeah, we will consider the adopting thing too, finances being a big consideration, especially if I keep not working. Our newspaper always publishes photos of all these foster kids needing permanent homes. I want to go get them all!

ZestyJenny said...

God. I always thought I wanted lots, too, but um, no. Even though I feel pretty good, and I occasionally feel all schmoopy about it, I am still VERY aware that being pregnant sucks balls.