Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Clean Sheets!!....OKAY?!?!

So, yesterday I changed the sheets on the bed where Audrey and I sleep, for the first time in, oh, almost three months! (I did change the pillow cases at least once during that time; those get gross.) That is just how crappy I have been feeling for the past three months, willing to sleep in all manner of disgusting things, willing to put my CHILD to bed in such sheets, because I was not up for changing them. But now, just this week, I am finally feeling pretty darn good! (Although, as I write this, I can tell I'm coming down with Audrey's latest cold. Grrr....) The morning sickness and fatigue have abated!! My kitchen is 80% totally scrubbed clean for the first time since August, I did three or four loads of laundry yesterday, Audrey had a bath, my house is half-way decorated for Christmas---all this in just two days!!! Amazing!!! [You know how good it feels to climb into clean sheets? Imagine MY pleasure last night, slipping into clean sheets after so many months of the same, nasty bedding!!!!]

But, all is not clean-sheet bliss around here. With the passing of the morning sickness has come new fun: acne and major bitchiness. It's like I'm thirteen all over again, only this time without the bad perm (shudder...). I feel so sorry for Audrey and Danny, who are bearing the brunt of my snappiness. Audrey is transitioning out naps and has a cold, so she is WHINY and crying for half the day, and my tolerance for that kind of communication is very low. Poor girl! Danny made some comment to me about our house-hunt the other night and I about bit his head off. "Was that an annoying thing to say," he asked, genuinely perplexed by my heated reaction.

I really think the mega-bitch problem is due to low blood sugar. I am so FREAKIN' hungry ALL the time--even right after I eat, which is SO annoying. I can't eat any of the high-fat, high-cal yummy foods that could provide extra calories (ice cream, cheese, butter, potato chips) because of the skin prob. My house is stocked with super healthy foods that probably take as many calories to prepare as I get from eating them. If you have any stick-with-you food suggestions, please let me know! My family thanks you in advance.

2 comments:

heatherliv said...

Oh, Heather, I feel you!

Hang in there, do what you can, and grant yourself grace.

love you across the miles...hliv

ZestyJenny said...

Update, please.